Steven's Home Page - ホーム ページ

Greetings...welcome to my homepage. Take a look around and I hope you enjoy it! 皆さん...ようこそ、これは私のホームページですよ! どうぞおはいりください...見てください...

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Today's Golf - Way to Go Se Ri!!!


Believe it or not, at the end of the 3rd round, I picked Se Ri Pak to win today... and she did!

Not without some drama though, as she 3 putted the 18th hole. In the playoff against Karrie Webb, Se Ri totally misshit her tee shot and was 60+ yards IN BACK of Webb. Then, from almost 200 yards out, unbelievably she put her next shot to 2 INCHES! Karrie Webb could do no better than about 20 feet and missed her birdie to tie.

According to the commentators, all the new young Korean talent on the tour is spurring her on to do better. I think she wants to show her compatriots who the QUEEN really is! Back in 1998 when she won a Major as a rookie, Se Ri was the only Korean player on the LPGA, now there are 32!

Michele Wie really impressed and had another great outing, except for 3 BAD wedge shots today that really cost her! (Not to mention her terrible short putting yesterday) I mean, even I can hit the green from 110 yards out - well, most of the time. But what I CANNOT do is hit a 600 yard hole in 2 shots - 350 yard drive, and 250 yard 3 wood - unreal man!

I really liked what she said yesterday as it showed that even though she's from "proper english" Punahou, she's still a true "local girl" at heart. When asked for a comment of how she felt after 3 putting the 17th, she said, "I was super pissed off!!!" I LOVE IT, you go girl, we'll be all cheering for you in 2 weeks at the US Open. I think your putts will really start to drop for you in that tournament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home