Steven's Home Page - ホーム ページ

Greetings...welcome to my homepage. Take a look around and I hope you enjoy it! 皆さん...ようこそ、これは私のホームページですよ! どうぞおはいりください...見てください...

Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's a High Tech World...

Here are two hi-tech things I'm currently investigating:

LAPTOP PC: Considering the home desktop PC I'm using now is utterly SLOW and extremely FRUSTRATING to use, I'm thinking of joining the typical crowd that you see at Border's with their laptops. Right now, this Dell Inspiron e1405 w/ Centirno Duo processor looks pretty good at $750 w/ 100 gig memory and free shipping.

Since I'm not a computer aficionado, I need to depend of reviews like this: Review Dell Inspiron e1405 to find out what's good. Seems to be a relatively portable and powerful model for the price.

GPS: I'm also looking into getting a small and cheap hand held GPS for use all kinds of fun things. One will be to get an accurate distance of how far I'm running. Another will be for maybe geo-tagging some of the pictures I take. And one more will be so when I go to Japan, or any other unfamiliar place, I won't get LOST any more.

Right now I'm looking into this small little $125 Garmin Geko 201. There are lots of reviews out there but this review is extensive: pocketgpsworld: geko 201 review. The only thing wrong with this GPS is that the computer cable is NOT included.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, June 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Steve, don't give your business to michael dell if you know who he supports-the bush administration. there are many unsatisfied customers out there who have sworn to boycott dell.signed a non-republican, mark

     
  • At 10:11 PM, June 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One of the important thing you have to think about in getting a GPS is whether your primary use is to navigate your way around, or if you want to use it to log your path. If you want to use it to show your way around, you'll need a model with a good map display that will show detailed map data. (Especially in Tokyo!)

     
  • At 8:38 PM, June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey ats,

    i think i will use google earth to plot my path, or at least mark the coordinates of significant points along the way, then program that into the gps to follow

    like last year, i could have plugged in the location of the entrance to tokyo station and HOPEFULLY, i wouldn't have gotten lost???

     
  • At 8:40 PM, June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mark - thanks for the info! no more dell for me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home