Steven's Home Page - ホーム ページ

Greetings...welcome to my homepage. Take a look around and I hope you enjoy it! 皆さん...ようこそ、これは私のホームページですよ! どうぞおはいりください...見てください...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rain Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day!


As you can see, I went riding Tantalus under very overcast skies LATE this afternoon. The first picture is taken at 7:08pm on the way down after my first trip up.
The second was taken at 7:49pm on the way down after going back up from about 3/4 of the way down. (Kind of confusing, eh???)

The weather here has been unusually rainy for almost a month now! In fact, I and almost everyone I know cannot remember ever having this much rain for this many weeks! Luckily for me, I checked the doppler radar and decided to take a chance and only got drizzled on slightly at the very top.

This was the first time I ever rode Tantalus at night and tell you what...it was WAY better than you would think! The city lights were beautiful, the air smelled good and clean, it wasn't cold (I didn't even put on my vest), very few cars, and I only ate one flying bug. I even talked to my "bicycle insider" who said he USED to run there at nite??? and the "insider" agreed that Tantalus at night is tottemo kakkoii!

But, riding there, or anywhere at night, depends on ONE BIG THING. And, I hate to always bring this up but...my LIGHT worked fantastic - again! In fact, the darker it got, the better it worked. But, since I got the horespower (4200mah @ 13.2v) I will maybe put on a 35 watt Solux bulb cause I want to be the KING OF LIGHTS!

Also riding tonight were David, Barry and Mike. And, fwiw, I climbed it in 26:23 @ 263 watts, all while doing 3 min on / 1 min off intervals all the way to the top.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home